Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Letter To The Future You

Dear jumjum...



  Today my friend and I picked up our society note pads, and we had some time before our next class. So I got her and another friend to write letters to our future selves- to the us four years later, upon graduation. Certainly not my own idea, must have read it from somewhere and I'm sure many people have done it before. We dismissed the idea of putting it in a bottle and burying it though- we'd probably forget where it was or someone might discover it and read them *gasp!*

  The European girl focused on the stuff now, that she wants herself to remember. The Korean wrote about the goals she set for herself in these four years. Mine was basically about everything I imagine the 23-year-old me would be and my expectations. We said we should exchange and keep the letters for each other so we won't be tempted to read it before graduation- but I'm at a disadvantage here. The European wrote her letter in Dutch, and the Korean in Korean...and mine was in English! Hahaha. Although I doubt they will be as evil as to open it up and read it...

  I think it's a fun thing to do. You get to see how your priorities and perspectives have changed, and how far the reality differed from your expectations =) Who knows? Four years later I just might blog about it!

*atm*

No comments: